Apart from and geographical indications, indications of geographical origin are excluded from registration as trademarks, that is, those that identify a product as originating in a territory, when a certain quality, reputation or other...
Design is understood to be the appearance of the whole or part of a product, derived from the special characteristics of lines, configuration, color,...
The Brexit transition period will end on December 31, 2020. As of January 1,...
“One out of every two consumers makes a mistake when buying and takes an imitation thinking that it is the original”, they denounce in Promarca, the Association of Manufacturers of Consumer...
"YOUR BRAND IS THE MOST IMPORTANT INVESTMENT YOU CAN MAKE IN YOUR BUSINESS" STEVE FORBES. CAN WE PROVE IT?
Trademarks must be put to effective use in the market after five years since their registration (art. 39 LM). The burden...
It is time to act for a future winner beyond the coronavirus. To quote Einstein, "in the middle of difficulty lies opportunity."...
Our firm provides the full range of I.P. services. Please see our “List of Services (link in the right margin of this page) for a brief description of these services.
With respect to our fee policy, we would emphasize in particular that we normally provide services on a fixed (or closed) quotation ; only exceptionally do we charge on a time basis. Please contact us to obtain our fee schedule and/or a quotation for a specific matter.
BASIC SERVICES and/or INFORMATION
- Fee quotations: fixed price (most matters) or on a time basis (exceptionally)
- Advice with respect to the different types of protection available (patents, trademarks, designs, copyright, etc.)
- Periodic audit reports (status and evaluation) of trademark portfolios and/or other
- Intellectual Property (I.P.) assets Advice with respect to overall strategies to protect, exploit and defend I.P. assets at national and international levels
- Proposals to resolve conflicts (including through litigation), with risk analysis and evaluation of possibilities of success
AGREEMENTS / EXTRA-JUDICIAL SETTLEMENTS / LITIGATION
- Negotiation and draft of settlement agreements
- Civil and criminal litigation in defense of I.P. rights (including domain names)
- Alternative dispute resolution: arbitration and mediation
- Anti-counterfeiting (anti-piracy) measures at customs control
- Licensing and technology transfer agreements
- Trademark searches (pre-application) at any applicable level; analysis of possibilities for registration based on results of search
- Preparation and filing of national, Community and International trademark applications
- Prosecution and administrative defense of applications including answers to official objections and third party oppositions
- Trademark "vigilance" and maintenance including opposition to third party applications
- Negotiation of coexistence agreements and other conflict resolution proposals
- Infringement and use (or non-use) investigations
- Portfolio management (i.e., overall strategy to protect, exploit and defend trademark portfolio)
- Valuation and sale of trademarks
- Licensing agreements
- Assignments, name changes, amendment of rights
PATENTS AND UTILITY MODELS
- Advice and tips on how to protect an invention
- Preliminary searches on the state of the art
- Draft of patent applications
- Filing and prosecution of national, European and International patents
- Maintenance fees
- Patents survey
- Licensing agreements
- Assignment, changes of name, amendment of rights
- Technical translations
Do you need more information?
Should you have any questions regarding our services or Industrial/Intellectual Property please don't hesitate and contact us through our contact form or any of the contact means you will find in that section.
| POWERS OF ATTORNEY
In this section, the following power of attorney / authorization forms may be downloaded:
- CASABLANCA ("WE’LL ALWAYS HAVE PARIS") AND OTHER EXAMPLES OF FAILED GEOGRAPHICAL TRADEMARKS
- INDUSTRIAL DESIGNS. APPERIENCES ARE NOT DECEPTIVE
- BREXIT: UK ALSO EXITS EUROPEAN TRADEMARKS AND COMMUNITY DESIGNS: “SEE EU LATER”
- TO OPPOSE OR NOT TO OPPOSE, THAT’S NOT THE QUESTION WHEN DEALING WITH PACKAGING IMITATIONS!
- "YOUR BRAND IS THE MOST IMPORTANT INVESTMENT YOU CAN MAKE IN YOUR BUSINESS" STEVE FORBES. CAN WE PROVE IT?